We know that it’s a juggling act to keep on top of everything as a small business owner. Getting it right on social media can make all the difference. That is why we have created this tailored and practical workshop.
Stop winging it and make sure all the time and effort you’re putting into your social media marketing isn’t wasted. This 4 week online workshop will provide you with everything you need to create an in-depth social media strategy for your small business as well as teach you how to use the key social media platforms the right way.
Who is it for?
Social Media Done Right is perfect for small business owners, solopreneurs and particularly busy mums juggling a business with raising a family. Places are limited to 50, so you’ll be part of tight-knit community of women in business, all going through the workshop at the same time.
What will you get out of it?
You will come out of this online workshop with a clear plan in place for your social media marketing as well as an actionable strategy that you can align to your business needs.
We break social media down into easily digestible chunks that you can start to implement straight away. At the end of the 4 weeks you’ll be confident that your social media platforms are fully optimised as well as having a better understanding of how to use them effectively for your business.
How does it work?
The workshop will begin on Monday 4th March 2019 and is run entirely within a private Facebook Group, using Facebook’s new E-learning units, so there is no need to download additional software. You can quickly and easily access the workshop whenever you check into Facebook.
Here’s what’s included:
Entry to a private Facebook Group – the group is only for participants of this workshop, so you can help and support each other on your journey to getting social media right. Using Facebook’s new E-learning units, you can systematically work through the tasks each week, marking them as done when they are completed.
Accountability partners – You’ll also be assigned a small cohort so you can work closely together as accountability partners to make sure you get it done.
Over 2 hours of recorded lessons – recorded with video and slides that you can follow at an easy pace and watch back in your own time. Each video is no longer than 5 minutes so you can easily fit them into your busy day.
Four Live learning sessions – towards the end of each week we will run a Live session within the Facebook Group where Gemma Lloyd, The Social Mum will answer any questions you may have.
Assigned action tasks each week – these are tasks you will need to work on yourself in order to implement your social media strategy. They are designed to take no longer than an hour or so each week, so you don’t need to worry about putting aside too much time from your busy schedule.
20+ Printable worksheets and downloads – these include all the elements needed to have a fully completed social media strategy for your business as well as practical checklists and cheat sheets.
What will we cover?
- How to set S.M.A.R.T objectives based on your goals, that are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time based.
- We’ll help you truly understand your target customers and refine your user personas.
- We share up-to-date statistics on the popular social media platforms so you can be sure you’re using the right ones for your business.
- We help you carry out an audit of your current social media platforms so you can make sure they are fully optimised.
- Tips and advice on researching your competitors and learning from their successes and mistakes.
- Refining your business tone of voice.
- We look at developing your content strategy so you’re sharing the best possible content at the most relevant times.
- We’ll also teach you how to measure your results, so you are constantly refining your strategy.
- Plus we’ll take you step-by-step through how to use the key social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. So even if you’re a complete beginner you’ll come away feeling confident and with a whole new set of skills.
Why do I need a social media strategy for my business?
“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin
So many small business owners feel they need to simply have a presence on social media and if they post occasionally, that will be enough to see a return on the time they are investing in it. But a comprehensive social media strategy can help you grow a community that is genuinely interested in your business, which in turn can help drive sales and of course help you achieve your business goals.
What past participants had to say
“This course was so useful, my confidence has increased and so has my follower engagement since doing this course.” – Jo, Little Writing Company
“I thought I was a confident social media user before this course but I couldn’t believe how many tips and tricks there are that I was missing. Would totally recommend the course for anyone wanting to give their business the best grounding on social media. Thanks, Social Mums!” – Lauren, That Little Outfit
“As a Marketing Manager looking to upskill in social media strategies I found this course covers so much in 4 weeks that I have taken away a whole new skill set and am confident to put these new skills in to practise. I found the course relevant and up to date and wouldn’t hesitate recommending it to small business owners.”
“Wow, there was so much useful information. I had already written a content calendar but the course highlighted areas I need to focus to write a comprehensive strategy for my business”
How to secure your place
Sign up to this online workshop before 11.30pm on Monday 18th February to take advantage of our Early Bird Offer.
We’re also offering a further dicount to Social Mums local Facebook Group Members so please check the announcement within your group for all the details.
You will need to have a personal Facebook account to take part in this online workshop.
Once you have secured your place you will be emailed a link to our private Facebook Group where you can request to be added. You will then be added within 24 hours of your request and you can network with other participants until the workshop begins on Monday 4th March.
We’re offering a maximum of 10 VIP places that will give you some extra personalised help and support from Gemma Lloyd.
- You will get an exclusive VIP email address where you can ask any questions you may have and get a quick tailored response.
- Gemma will carry out a comprehensive audit of your current social media platforms, providing you with actionable steps you can implement immediately to make sure they are fully optimised.
- One 30 minute one-to-one Skype call during the 4 week workshop where you can ask any questions and pick Gemma’s brain on anything social media related.
- Another 30 minute one-to-one Skype call within 3 months of the workshop ending so Gemma can give you feedback on how you’re doing and guidance on taking your social media forwards.
About Gemma Lloyd
Gemma has over 15 years experience in marketing, working as an account manager in the UK’s third largest regional creative agency with clients such as Sky Bet and The Law Society. In 2015 Gemma retrained by doing the Digital Mums social media management course in a bid to find a more flexible career to fit around her two young children.
She hasn’t looked back and has since worked with a large number of parent focused businesses, some managing their social media long term and others on shorter term campaigns to launch new products or services.
She has also been running popular social media workshops in Tunbridge Wells since 2017 as well as 1:1 training sessions, equipping small business owners with the skills needed to take their social media to the next level.
“Gemma is absolutely fantastic. She is not only incredibly knowledgeable, she is able to impart her knowledge in a way that anyone can understand. She is also great fun and her sessions are never dull. I can highly recommend either her group workshops or a 1:1 with her. She really is worth every penny!” – Lynne Meek, Styling Matters & The Meek Boutique.